My excitement and love for photography grows with every person I meet...every photo I take.


It brings me joy to capture your emotions, your laughter, and your moment with every frame.


Its your story. You are unique.


Let me be your visual record keeper.









eyelets

04 September 2010
Three sisters upstairs playing computer games. At least they are playing together relatively quietly.

One sister taking a nap.

Husband at work since 6:30 AM; he's been working so hard these past weeks. I am thankful that he loves his family so much that he does.

Sitting at home, on the laptop, listening to a webinar on how to build up my photography business...stopping here and there to take notes on what I am hearing (sometimes clicking over to that window to see what she is actually doing). Just got a dissapointing phone call about a wedding I was hoping to schedule for February. (sigh). OK, Lord, what is it that you have for me to do?

I think I need to take a break.

I am back.

Trying to build a business can be exciting and hopeful but also difficult and dissapointing. So I feel like I am always second guessing myself. Does that make sense? Maybe for those of you who have tried something new, explore another part of yourself, learn a new skill, start a new job....its both exhilirating and tiring, exciting and (yes) sometimes dissapointing.

I look up into the family room and I see the vacuum cleaner that I had to borrow from my mom's house (and put together) because ours broke. But of course, I can't keep hers, so we will have to buy another one. I see the television, still sitting on the computer stand after 4 years, I look outside to the yard that needs to be weeded and mowed and I hear my lovely daughters loving, playing and sometimes arguing with each other and I realize that I am blessed.

It is okay that this wedding cancelled. I really do wish them well. I hope that they are able to settle what they need to settle and that they have an amazing wedding, whether it be in a church or a Las Vegas "destination" wedding. Whatever is going to make this couple happy.
Would I have liked to photograph it? Yes.
Are they cancelling because of anything I have done? No. And that's okay.

I look at my calendar, not much on there, but I am excited about some second shooting opportunties that I have coming up. It will be a great time to learn some techniques, build my wedding portfolio...have fun, without the pressure to perform. And I open my Bible, it says, "I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." That is not all. I have a job to to do too, it says, "Call upon me, come and pray, and I will hear you." Thank you Lord, for hearing me.

Talk to you later friends!

(I think I need to call my Mother.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment