My excitement and love for photography grows with every person I meet...every photo I take.


It brings me joy to capture your emotions, your laughter, and your moment with every frame.


Its your story. You are unique.


Let me be your visual record keeper.









slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 7 slideshow image 8 slideshow image 9 slideshow image 10 slideshow image 11 slideshow image 12

eyelets

04 September 2010
Three sisters upstairs playing computer games. At least they are playing together relatively quietly.

One sister taking a nap.

Husband at work since 6:30 AM; he's been working so hard these past weeks. I am thankful that he loves his family so much that he does.

Sitting at home, on the laptop, listening to a webinar on how to build up my photography business...stopping here and there to take notes on what I am hearing (sometimes clicking over to that window to see what she is actually doing). Just got a dissapointing phone call about a wedding I was hoping to schedule for February. (sigh). OK, Lord, what is it that you have for me to do?

I think I need to take a break.

I am back.

Trying to build a business can be exciting and hopeful but also difficult and dissapointing. So I feel like I am always second guessing myself. Does that make sense? Maybe for those of you who have tried something new, explore another part of yourself, learn a new skill, start a new job....its both exhilirating and tiring, exciting and (yes) sometimes dissapointing.

I look up into the family room and I see the vacuum cleaner that I had to borrow from my mom's house (and put together) because ours broke. But of course, I can't keep hers, so we will have to buy another one. I see the television, still sitting on the computer stand after 4 years, I look outside to the yard that needs to be weeded and mowed and I hear my lovely daughters loving, playing and sometimes arguing with each other and I realize that I am blessed.

It is okay that this wedding cancelled. I really do wish them well. I hope that they are able to settle what they need to settle and that they have an amazing wedding, whether it be in a church or a Las Vegas "destination" wedding. Whatever is going to make this couple happy.
Would I have liked to photograph it? Yes.
Are they cancelling because of anything I have done? No. And that's okay.

I look at my calendar, not much on there, but I am excited about some second shooting opportunties that I have coming up. It will be a great time to learn some techniques, build my wedding portfolio...have fun, without the pressure to perform. And I open my Bible, it says, "I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." That is not all. I have a job to to do too, it says, "Call upon me, come and pray, and I will hear you." Thank you Lord, for hearing me.

Talk to you later friends!

(I think I need to call my Mother.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment